How Do I Replace My Medicare Card?

 In Asset Protection Planning, Elder Law, Long-Term Care, Medicaid Planning

If your Medicare card has been lost, stolen, or damaged, you have three options to replace it:

  • Call the National Security Hotline at 800-772-1213
    • You will need to provide your:
      • Name as it appears on your most recent Social Security card;
      • Social Security number; and
      • Date of birth.
    • Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m.- 7:00 p.m.
  • Apply for a new card online
    • Go to
    • If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. Go to Sign in or Create an Account.
    • Once you are logged in to your account, select the “Replacement Documents” tab. Then select “Mail my replacement Medicare Card.”
    • Your Medicare card will arrive in the mail in about 30 days at the address on file with Social Security.
    • You can only create an account using your own personal information and for your own exclusive use. You cannot create an account for another person or using another. person’s information or identity, even if you have that person’s written permission.
  • Go to your local Social Security office
    • You can find your local Social Security office and their hours by entering your zip code at
    • Make sure to bring a government issued photo ID, and your Social Security number.

If you have specific questions regarding asset protection planning and Medicaid eligibility, the experienced elder law attorneys of Bach, Jacobs & Byrne, P.A. are here to assist you. Call us at (941)906-1231 to set up a consultation.

Recommended Posts

Leave a Comment