Statewide Medicaid Managed Care (SMMC) – Managed Medical Assistance Program
Statewide Medicaid Managed Care (SMMC) is the program where most Medicaid recipients receive their Medicaid services.
There are two different parts that make up the SMMC program:
- The Managed Medical Assistance (MMA) Program
- The Long-term Care (LTC) Program
Medicaid recipients who qualify and become enrolled in MMA will receive all health care services (other than long-term care) from a managed care plan. Medicaid recipients who qualify and become enrolled in LTC will receive long-term care services from a Long-term Care managed care plan.
What does the Statewide Medicaid Managed Care program provide?
Medicaid members receive their health care services through a managed care plan. MMA plans cover services such as prescriptions, doctors’ visits and hospital stays.
All MMA plans offer the following health care services:
- Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner
- Ambulatory Surgical Center Services
- Assistive Care Services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Birth Center and Licensed Midwife Services
- Chiropractic Services
- Dental Services
- Child Health Check Up
- Emergency Services
- Emergency Behavioral Health Services
- Family Planning Services and Supplies
- Healthy Start Services
- Hearing Services
- Home Health Services and Nursing Care
- Hospice Services
- Hospital Services
- Laboratory and Imaging Services
- Medical Supplies, Equipment, Prostheses and Orthoses
- Optometric and Vision Services
- Therapy Services
- Physician Assistant Services
- Physician Services
- Podiatric Services
- Prescribed Drug Services
- Renal Dialysis Services
- Clinic Services
- Transportation Services
Medicaid applicants will receive a letter once you are approved for Medicaid informing them of the MMA plan the state has enrolled them with. Applicants are allowed to switch to an alternate plan in the first 120 days.
If you have specific questions regarding your Medicaid eligibility, the experienced elder law attorneys of Bach, Jacobs & Byrne, P.A. are here to assist you. Call us at (941)906-1231 to set up a consultation.